Thursday, September 10, 2009

Defining My Leadership Role

My leadership role has been defined for me in a way. I was recently called to be the Relief Society president. You asked us to answer the question why, and as of this moment I have absolutely no idea why I was called, but I was, and I will magnify this calling to the best of my ability.
Right now in this position I am at square one. I have a very small idea of my responsibilities and obligations. I haven’t really begun on this journey as Relief Society President. I can tell you where I want to be though. I want to get to the point where I feel like I know what I am doing. Most importantly I want to get to the point where others can rely on me and come to me. I want the women in my ward to feel comfortable enough and welcome enough to come to me with their thoughts, problems, and ideas. I also want to become their friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment