Friday, September 25, 2009

Trait Development Week 2

This week I developed my role as Relief Society President in two ways. In one way I tried to be more of a friend to the girls. I think me being a friend to these girls is one of the most important responsibilities as a Relief Society President. At enrichment I tried my hardest to remember their names and talk to them. When I see them on campus or around the dorms I try to say hello and ask them how they are doing. I think I did okay on befriending them. It was a busy week, so I didn’t devote as much time as I would have hoped, but I can’t change the past so I might as well look on the positives.
Another goal of mine for this week was to be more spiritual so that I will be prompted on how to best serve these girls. I think this is the number one thing I could be doing right now. I still don’t know most of them very well, so I need the Spirit as a guide on how to do my calling. I think I did okay on this. I think what I learned this week on the subject of spirituality is that it has to come first. It can’t come second to other wants or feelings. Hopefully I am learning more control in the way of spiritual matters, but if I were to be honest I feel as if I regressed this week spiritually. There is always next week though.

No comments:

Post a Comment