Friday, October 30, 2009

:) Handling Crisis

I am sooo glad that I remembered this! I hope everyone else does cause I really want those cookies. ;) And it is soooo true that if I don't do it Thursdays I forget!
This week in my leadership role I have had to learn how to handle crisis situations. I will leave out the details, but as a leader I needed to be a source of comfort and assistance for this individual. It's kind of intimidating, me being a peer who really doesn't know what to do especially in situations like the one I was put in. I just went by the Spirit, and tried to help her in the limited ways I could. I wanted to just take away all of her pain and struggle, but that is not the way it's meant to be. I had to let her deal with it on her own, and just be a source of support. It's very humbling, and provides a chance to turn to the Lord when you can't do things yourself.
Happy Halloween :)

No comments:

Post a Comment