I was a type ENFP. I think the test nailed my personality pretty well. I wasn’t too surprised by the results. It didn’t give me any extreme new insights. I wasn’t like wow, I had no idea. It just reaffirmed my attributes. I am a very outgoing, thoughtful, feeling, compassionate person. I take energy from others, and I enjoy helping others. I am very spontaneous and like loose structure over rigid oversight. All of this is nice to have told to me again, but I knew it. It also just reaffirmed my future career choice of a marriage and family therapist.
I think what this means for me as a leader is that I need to be in a very people focused environment. I will lead the best in a place where there isn’t a set routine, and you live in the moment, day by day. Because of my personality I believe I have the responsibility to lead. I am very aware of other people and their needs, and I have the ability to help them. My personality is what allows me to understand others. I have a great ability to figure out the motives and needs of others.
Now I am going to switch over from my personality test to the strength of my classmates. Josh is great at leading by example. He always tells stories and has comments that help teach me important lessons in leadership. Tim has a strength that is willingness. He is always willing to comment and participate in discussions. I think this is very important so we all can see different points of view to better ourselves. Shayna has the strength of trustworthiness. When we worked on our group presentation and the tasks were delegated, I knew I could rely on her to hold up her end of the bargain. As a shout out to Sam, he is very physically strong…I mean just look at his muscles. ;) p.s. he told me to say that… :)
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really like how you recognize the strengths of your classmates. Awesome!
ReplyDelete